Baseball is one of America’s favorite sports, and for good reason. The pace of the game is exhilarating, and there are plenty of exciting plays and stunts that can happen on the field. But beyond all the action, what makes baseball so special is its tradition. From Ruth to Yaz, baseball has had a long list of bearded players who have given fans a glimpse into the sport’s history. In this article, we will take a look at 12 of these legendary bearded baseball players and why they are so great. From Sandy Koufax to Bartolo Colon, read on to learn about some of the greatest bearded baseball players ever.
What is a beard?
There are many great baseball players with beards, and they definitely make a difference on the field. These gentlemen have mastered the art of growing facial hair and know how to use it to their advantage. Here are the five greatest bearded baseball players in history:
5. Bartolo Colon – The 42-year-old Dominican Republic native has been one of the best pitchers in MLB for over a decade now. He has a beard that is both stylish and full, which helps him look more imposing on the mound. Colon has won two Cy Young Awards and three World Series titles during his career.
4. Vladimir Guerrero – Another veteran player on this list, Guerrero has been around for over 20 years and has consistently produced at an elite level. He is known for his powerful bat and flashy playing style, which makes him perfect for beardsmen like Tony Gwynn and Bartolo Colon.
3. Willie Mays – One of the most iconic players in MLB history, Mays was known for his amazing defense AND his towering home run totals. His trademark moustache helped him become one of baseball’s most popular stars, and he even wore a beard during parts of his illustrious career.
2. Mickey Mantle – One of the most feared hitters in baseball history, Mantle was notorious for being able to hit any ball far – even those inside the park! His signature ‘moustache’ made him one of baseball’s most recognizable stars,
Types of beards
There are a few different types of beards that can be found in baseball players. The most common type is the goatee, which is basically a mustache that extends below the lip. There are also full beard and Stubble beard styles, which are just longer beards. Finally, there are Mustaches, which are just long face hair without a beard
How to grow a beard
There are a few things you need in order to grow a beard successfully. You will need some growing supplies, like moisturizer, shampoo, and beard oil. You’ll also need patience and dedication. If you can commit to following the tips below, you’ll be able to have a beard that’s both fashionable and beautiful.
Beard Growth Supplies
It’s important to start off with the right supplies if you want your beard to grow well. Most people recommend using moisturizer, shampoo, and beard oil together. Moisturizer helps keep your skin soft while cleansing it of any oils or debris that may be causing problems. Shampooing pulls out all of the built up hair which is then easily rinsed away with your chosen beard oil. Bearded men often find that their skin dries out faster if they don’t use these three products together so it’s important to remember to apply them every day!
It’s also important to keep yourbeard trimmed regularly in order for it not to become too long or unruly. A good rule of thumb is once a week cut away about 1/3rd of your current beard length with a sharp pair of scissors or an electric razor. This will prevent your hair from becoming tangled and knotted which can cause it to break off prematurely at the root – leading to even more frustrating Beard Regrowth Cycles! It’s also important not To shave against the grain as this can lead to irritation and ingrown hairs
Benefits of having a beard
There are many benefits to having a beard, including:
1. It can improve your appearance. A well-groomed beard can make you look more impressive and can help you stand out from the crowd.
2. It can add spice to your life. A well-groomed beard can add personality and character to your life, making you feel more confident and inspired.
3. It can boost your self-esteem. A well-groomed beard can make you feel more masculine and powerful, which can boost your self-esteem and confidence in yourself.
4. It can help you conserve energy. Having a beard helps keep your face warm, preventing you from needing to use as much energy to stay warm in cold weather conditions.
5. It can protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Having a beard shields your skin from harmful UV rays, which is beneficial for those who are prone to skin cancer or other types of skin problems.
The 12 best bearded baseball players in the United States
There are a few things that make a great baseball player. Speed, hitting power, and fielding ability are all essential, but one factor that is often overlooked is facial hair.
Now, there are obviously some players who just happen to have beards, and they don’t really count. But for the purposes of this article, we’re going to focus on players who have elected to go full-on beard in order to improve their game.
12 of the best bearded baseball players in the United States are listed below. They each bring different strengths to the table, so be sure to check them out if you want to see some seriously impressive facial hair action!
There’s no doubt that beards make baseball players look cool and intimidating. However, these bearded baseball players have also achieved some impressive feats in the sport. Whether they are hitting home runs or pitching with precision, bearded baseball players are some of the best in the game. So if you’re a fan of the game or just think beards are sexy, give these 12 awesome beard-wearing ballplayers a try!
Who has the best facial hair in baseball history?
There are a number of baseball players who are known for their bushy beards, and many of them have had great success on the field. Some of the best bearded baseball players in history include:
The Honorable Mention: Rick Ankiel – Rick Ankiel is one of the most interesting and underrated players in baseball history. He had a very unique beard that made him look different from most other players, which contributed to his success on the field. Ankiel was never able to live up to his potential as a ballplayer, but his beard is still something that fans love to see.
2. Pedro Martinez – Pedro Martinez is one of the greatest pitchers in MLB history, and he also has one of the best beards in baseball history. His wild mane of curly hair and beard makes him stand out from all the other pitchers, and it’s no wonder why he was so successful during his career. Martinez won numerous awards during his time playing professional baseball, and his beard was always a big part of why he was so popular with fans.
3. Barry Bonds – Barry Bonds was arguably the best hitter in MLB history, and he also has one of the best beards in baseball history. While many people believe that Bonds cheated during his career by using performance-enhancing drugs, his beard remains one of the most iconic aspects of his career. His long hair and bushy beard make him look like a mountain man, which helped him become
Who is the guy with the big black beard in the Blue Jays dugout?
The guy with the big black beard in the Blue Jays dugout is none other than Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar. He’s been a part of the team since its inception in 1977 and has won a total of six division titles, four American League MVP Awards, and three World Series championships. Known for his disciplined at-bats and powerful swing, Alomar ranks third all-time in hits (3,154), fourth in runs (1,411), and second in batting average (.316).
What baseball player had a handlebar mustache?
1. Willie Mays – Known as one of the greatest baseball players of all time, Willie Mays had a handlebar mustache that helped make him one of the most iconic players in history. With over MLB career home runs record, and three MVP Awards to his name, it’s no wonder why Mays is considered one of the greatest players of all time.
2. Mickey Mantle – Another legendary player with a handlebar mustache is Mickey Mantle. Considered one of the best hitters in baseball history, Mantle was known for his powerful hitting ability and signature handlebar mustache. His 28 home run record remains unbroken to this day, making him one of the most successful batters in baseball history.
3. George Herman “Babe” Ruth – One of the most legendary players in baseball history is none other than Babe Ruth. With an unparalleled career batting average record (career .342), Ruth is widely considered as one of the greatest athletes in American history. But it wasn’t just his batting ability that made Ruth such a great player- he also had a famously large handlebar mustache that added to his overall mystique and appeal.
How high should a beard go?
There are plenty of great baseball players with beards, some of whom you may not even know about. Here are the top 10 bearded ballplayers in history:
1. Lou Brock – This Hall-of-Famer had an incredibly beardy career, and it showed on the field. He was one of the best base stealers in history, and is still considered one of the best overall players ever.
2. Yogi Berra – One of the all-time greats, Berra played for over 20 seasons and had a beard that would make Santa Claus jealous. He was known for his amazing quotes and ability to hit home runs, even while wearing a full facial mask during games!
3. Jackie Robinson – Robinson broke through the color barrier in baseball when he became the first African American to play in the MLB. His beard helped him stand out on a field filled with white players, and he went on to become one of the greatest players ever.
4. Nolan Ryan – Known as “The Big Red Machine”, Ryan dominated throughout his career, amassing 355 wins and a 2200 strikeout total. He also has a very bushy beard that added to his already legendary reputation!
5. Carl Yastrzemski – This Hall-of-Famer was known as “Mr. September” because he led his team to three World Series titles in four years (and two more later). He also had