The adjective is considered as one of the main parts of a speech. An adjective is a much-needed element in the formation of a sentence. When it comes to any writing work one needs to pay attention to the adjectives, which is why Random Adjective Generator tools are developed by various websites.
Now, what is an Adjective?
Merriam Webster defines an adjective as – a word belonging to one of the major form classes in any of numerous languages and typically serving as a modifier of a noun to denote a quality of the thing named, to indicate its quantity or extent, or to specify a thing as distinct from something else.
In simple words, an adjective is a part of speech that modifies nouns. It also describes a noun which means it plays a very crucial role in sentence formation and detailing. An adjective is like an adverb. As we know adverbs modify or describe verbs in the same way adjectives modify or describe nouns. There are adjectives that describe a noun or pronoun, then there is the adjective that shows quantity, etc.
Here are types of adjectives.
- Proper adjectives:- proper nouns stands for the proper name of a place, thing, or any living being that has a proper name. Example: names of countries, name of religions like Buddhist, Islam, etc
- Possessive adjectives:- Possessive adjectives are used before nouns and they show ownership. For example, This is my book, in this sentence ‘my’ shows ownership, therefore, the word ‘my’ is a possessive adjective. Other examples of possessive adjectives are hers, his, your, our, their, etc
- Descriptive adjectives:- The descriptive adjective gives details about the noun in the sentence. It describes a noun. Examples of descriptive adjectives are black, cold, thick, big, etc
- Demonstrative adjectives:- When you need to specifically show something or talk about something or some person, you use demonstrative adjectives. Examples of demonstrative adjectives are these, that, those, or this.
- Interrogative adjectives:- This adjective is the opposite of a demonstrative adjective. Where demonstrative adjective answers the question- ‘which one’, interrogative adjective asks the question. There are three interrogative adjectives in the English language. Those are- Whose, What, and which.
- Predicate adjectives:- These adjectives come after a noun. They predict the state of the noun and are always connected to the linking verbs. For example, They say it is a wide-spread disease, here wide-spread is a predicate adjective.
- Compound adjectives:- These adjectives come before nouns and they are more than one word. For example:- home-made, part-time, cold-blooded, open-minded, well-behaved, etc
- Coordinate adjectives:- These adjectives are needed to separate by a comma because they are used in a single sentence to modify the same noun. For example- she is strong, smart, and flexible.
- Non-coordinate adjectives:- Unlike coordinate adjectives, non-coordinate adjectives modify the existing adjectives and nouns without the need for commas. For example, She has two big oversized black t-shirts.
- Numeral Adjectives:- The numeral adjectives tell us about in which order, how many, or how much the noun is. There are three types of numeral adjectives they are Definite numeral adjective, Indefinite numeral adjective, and Distributive numeral adjectives.
An individual may need a lot of random adjectives for many reasons. It can be because of some project work, assignment, or homework. If you are a writer then an adjective is very much needed, it not only helps you describe your main characters but also the places and events that play an important role in your whole story. If you are some who is in need of adjectives for such a purpose then the random adjective generator is for you. Play Yes or no Oracle game with our Digital Yes or no Oracle.
What is Random Adjective Generator?
The Random adjective generator is a too that is developed by the website named Wordigram.com that helps you find as many randomly generated adjectives as you want. Be it your school assignment or homework, be it your office project or presentation. if you are looking for adjectives then Random Adjective Generator is the one that might help you.
One of the best random adjectives generators is developed by the website called Wordigram. The site has a lot of other generators too and a random adjective generator is one of them.
Reasons why Wordigram’s Random Adjective Generator is one of the best generators to use.
The Random Adjective Generator developed by Wordigram keeps all the needs and requirements of the user mind while developing their tools. Given below are the reason why you should use Random Adjective Generator by Wordigram.
- Random Adjective Generator provides you a lot of adjectives, that you can use in your writing to make it more detailed and descriptive, without any limit.
- You can generate adjectives as many as you need to generate. You can generate 60 adjectives at a time.
- There is dark mode included so if you are someone who prefers to work in the dark mode then this is a suitable site for you to find adjectives for your writing project/assignment.
- You can easily copy and paste the adjectives you need for your writing purpose. If you want, you can select the whole list of randomly generated adjectives or you can copy-paste those which are needed for your work. It all depends on you.
- There are no wrong/inappropriate words included in the site’s dictionary, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally adding any ill-suited word in your project/assignment or homework.
- The random adjective generator is very easy to use. You need to type the first letter, last letter, word size, and the number of adjectives you wish to generate or you can just click on the generator button if you have no specific word in mind and you will get a list of randomly generated words, effortlessly.
- Some of the randomly generated words by the random adjective generator are- bellying, penny-pincher, fulgent, gyrostatic, preterist, angriest, reversible, dour, gemmed, unilocular. These are the 10 words randomly generated. You can generate as many as you want.
These are the reasons that anyone can use this generator provided by Wordigram. It is specially developed for students and for those who are in looking for adjectives for various purposes. You may also like the other tools provided by the Wordigram such as Random Verb Generator, Random Noun Generator, Random Movies Generator, Random Letter Generator and there are so many other tools to check out!